It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 16 of 27   [ 795 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's see your SIG 556
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:06 pm 

SigOhio wrote:
sigdizzy wrote:
since your posting pictures of red rides here's mine! if the frame is bent, she's a goner. It matched my 'Holster'

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp33 ... C_0616.jpg

Sorry about your 993, looks like the spare tirewell is definitely mangled a bit. :( You have a great collection, love the 552 and the Sako.

762nato wrote:
WCA-SG551 and Night Force 2.5-10x24 and 556 Commando with leupold

How do you like the Night Force? How is the clarity/transmission in low light conditions? That's the exact scope I have been drooling over to throw on my 556 for a compact scope good for dusk varmint hunting.

SigOhio, not to worry, I think she's repairable( no frame or drive train damage) did you get your semi 308 yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:07 pm 

Buck - As long as you like it, that is what counts the most man. The next natural step from like is "loveeeeee".

1 Cat that is evil
1 5'3 wife with attitude
1 2' tall zombie assassinete ;-)
Sheep have two speeds, graze and stampede.
SpikesTacticalGear.com

Post subject: Let's see you sig 556
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:07 am 

Sigohio, It's seems like a great piece of glass very clear and well made. The Illumination is great also you can turn it down when it starts getting towards evening. Turn it up to see very well in daylight if you need it for some reason. But I think if I were using it mostly for hunting coyotes, I would go with the 2.5-10x32 or something with alittle more x's. But it sits and balances very well on the sig for my purposes.

Post subject: Re: Let's see you sig 556
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 am 

sigdizzy wrote:

SigOhio, not to worry, I think she's repairable( no frame or drive train damage) did you get your semi 308 yet?

Unfortunately not yet, too many other places for the $$ to go right now. :(
I think the REPR is topping the list for the semi-auto, and if I leaned towards a 308 bolt gun for hunging the Tikka T3 Varmint in 20" is looking nice. Baby brother to the Sako. 8)

762nato wrote:
Sigohio, It's seems like a great piece of glass very clear and well made. The Illumination is great also you can turn it down when it starts getting towards evening. Turn it up to see very well in daylight if you need it for some reason. But I think if I were using it mostly for hunting coyotes, I would go with the 2.5-10x32 or something with alittle more x's. But it sits and balances very well on the sig for my purposes.

Sounds great, and I agree about the larger reticle. I didn't realize at first that you had the smaller one. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 pm 

Sarge1119 wrote:
GySgt D wrote:
The latest iteration-

What type of aimpoint is that?

Aimpoint CS. Swedish military issue- not commonly encountered commercially. Elevation is adjusted by a dial located underneath the ocular lens (sort of like the ELCAN).

FWIW, here's a pic with a C-Mag installed:

Am thinking seriously about getting one of Magpul's new stocks, as the A2 stock is entirely too long when wearing body armor.

Last edited by GySgt D on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Infidel #1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:25 pm 

Here is my SIG 556 SWAT with EOTech 512, 3X Magnifier, and Troy Industries rear BUIS. I took this picture right before I replaced the OEM front sight with a new Samson front sight. Second picture is the rest of the arsenal. :lol:

I love my SIG!

:D 8) :roll:

SIG 556 SWAT, Remington 870 Police Tactical, Glock 22, Glock 27, SIG Pro 9mm

Don't Tread on Me.....or Else!

Last edited by emalaret on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Let's see your sig 556
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:31 am 

Emalaret, nice infindel swat setup, looks great how's it shoot?

Post subject: SIG556 Classic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:04 pm 

New to this forum guys and here is my canvas since I have some changes planned for her.
New out of the box SIG556, Classic w/SIG's red dot & flush mounted flip up rear sights.

Post subject: My, almost finished, battle rifle
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:07 am 

All I have to do is give it a nice paint job to be messed up with shooting! I finally got my Eotech from the conex back from Iraq. It started out a SIG Classic like the one above. Then I traded lowers, bought a CAA stock, Troy quad rails, guards, and sights. Fabricated a Surefire tailcap to a cheap pressure pad of of my old pellet pistol and mounted it. Along with the new charging handle and push button front take down pin. I have put a lot of money in this rifle. And now I don't have enough $ to buy more PMC .55gr for it!

Cricket 22lr
Missing my 556
"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." -GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:07 am 

SGT_Geardo nice rifle. How does that CAA stock feel? I am thinking of getting one instead of the CTR, and they are the only 2 stocks within my budget right now.

Post subject: Stocks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 am 

The CAA Stock is heavy but it's alright. plus I can stick four C123 batterys in it or my surefire. It's not that snug and has some movement in it, but not enough to make shooting no fun. I was thinking about gettin the CTR, I have heard it fits nicer.

Cricket 22lr
Missing my 556
"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." -GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 am 

From the bowels of the interweb (not mine)...

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 pm 

Anyone know what stock that^ is? Looks like a ACE at first glance...

Post subject: Geardos 556, FINISHED Finally!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:15 pm 

Alright guys, Here it is...
Step one, SIG556 Classic... Couldn't find a picture of my own.

Step two, got Troys battle rail...

Step three, got Troys front and rear folding sights and traded lower with a friend...

Step four, got the KNS take down pin and the Griffin Charging Handle...

Step five, my Eotch 511 finally arrives at the armory from Iraq w/ GG&G covers and my CAA Stock I used on my issed M4...

Step six, modified a tail cap to one of my surefires for a cheap pressure pad and attatched it...

Step seven, painted it. I used regular rattle can paint "camo" colors. It will rub and scrape of with use but that's the idea...
The other rifle is a Savage .17 HMR. My first gun. Amature paint job.

Tell me what you think! ...questions, comments, concerns?

Cricket 22lr
Missing my 556

Post subject: Re: hmmm
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:50 pm 

That is the new stock from AGP Arms. If you google them you can get the specs. Highlights: the whole assembly takes 1/2 a lb. and 6.5 inches of overall length off (folded) compared to a M4 stock assembly fully collapsed. The LOP on a 556 is said to be around 12.48" (like an M4 stock 1/2 way extended?). An AGP stock is en route to me-review to come soon.
Navarone wrote:
Anyone know what stock that^ is? Looks like a ACE at first glance...

Post subject: First Post!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:08 pm 

What better way to start posting then showing your beauty.
I'm in the netherlands, so I own an original 551.
So far i love it

I'm still looking for a nice optic to put on it, probably will go for an eotech xp2 or aimpoint m4s

If anyone ever wants a closeup of some part of the original sig version (for comparison etc., just let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:15 pm 

Picked up a Magpul ACS at the funshow this morning:

Extended, it is longer than the A2. Collapsed, it is perhaps three inches shorter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 pm 

Here's a couple for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:18 pm 

8)

Post subject: Let's see your sig 556
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:28 pm 

Nice set-up looks like your all ready, is that a wca-551?

Post subject: Re: Let's see your sig 556
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:35 pm 

762nato wrote:
Nice set-up looks like your all ready, is that a wca-551?

Nope. its a I got lucky and found a swiss lower. :wink:

Im hoping the guys at cogunsales would do an even trade for a black lower though. :P

Post subject: Re: Let's See Your SIG556
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:15 am 

223556 wrote:
It would be nice to have one sticky thread with everyones pics that is constantly updated. Here is my contribution.

SIG556 w/ samson rail, magpul trigger guard, CTR stock, EoTech goodies, and a stubby tangodown w/ plently of Blackhillls 75 grain JHP and some Nosler 75+77 grain match

PX4 in .40 with Trijicons and Streamlight w/ buffalo bore JHP +P
Ruger LCP .380 w/ buffalo bore +P
A couple Benchmade HK limited editions
JLC Master Moon

Hey, I got a folding buttstock, but now want to change it out to a none folding just like ur picture here. How do i do that? what are the parts i need to change out the tube so it will be non-folding? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:14 pm 

here's a well protected day after thanksgiving open face turkey sammich on thick sliced french wheat loaf with stuffing, mashed potatos, green beans and cranberry relish on the side.

protection features a sig 556 classic with aurora diopter sights, griffin tactical charging handle and magpul mags with a Glock 19 on the side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 pm 

Image[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm 

New 556 Classic:
Leupold VX-III 1.75-7X w/ Warne medium height rings. I have no plans to alter it any further. I want a light, simple, scoped rifle. Here's hoping it's not a QC victim because I love the looks of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:45 am 

photomankc...

How does the front sight look through the scope?

Looks good!

Cricket 22lr
Missing my 556

Post subject: My Sig House Rifle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:14 pm 

I've been looking at all the wonderful photos of the rifles in this thread, and I have to admit, it gave me many great ideas. But now, for me being partially disabled and not as limber as I used to be and also on a fixed income, I believe that I have a nice house rifle, which shoots and carries very well. Below are a couple of pictures of my Sig 556:

~
Ashley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm 

Here is mine. The upper, lower, gas block and front sight are refinished in Sig Gray Duracoat, the furniture is finished in OD Green Duracoat. It has a replacement folding stock from CGS, bayonet lug, PE57 flash hider, and its mounting a Millett DMS scope. For now I am using the popsicle backup sight but might change that eventually. Enjoy the pics!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:36 pm 

Mad Dog 7.62,
That is one good look'in SIG 5.56, clean and simple. For a rear sight on mine, I made a custom base and mounted a rear sight from a Heckler & Koch 93 and made a shorter front sight. I could not see paying the high price for the SIG sight set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:00 pm 

Mad Dog-amazing job! That looks incredible. I am a fan of green too...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 16 of 27   [ 795 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next