It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: SIG CP1 Prismatic Scope
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:01 am 

Got an offer via email from Sig - coupling the CP1 Prismatic Scope with a 30-round polymer magazine for $99. Is it worth it? The scope by itself is selling on the Sig Store website for $80.

KD

Post subject: Re: SIG CP1 Prismatic Scope
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:05 am 

check the price of a pmag and get back to us on that :P

Boberg XR9-L Platinum
Molot VEPR 12
Browning Buckmark Black Label
Tanfoglio Elite Witness Match

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:21 am 

For reasons I don't quite understand, Sig polymer mags are so narrow in their inside dimension (cartridge lengthwise) that the bullet tip of many of the heavier (longer) rounds actually touches/rubs against the inside of the mag. It causes MANY failure to feed issues and is the same on every one I have (more than 20). They are almost useless. Get yourself some P-Mags and don't look back.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 pm 

Yeah, I was impressed (and not in a good way) with their marketing and editing skills. The items retail for $149.95 and $29.95 but after the 'bundle' they normally retail for $192.85 !

:roll:

Marketing in America is becoming an insult. I would sure hate to be selling these marketing ideas to the top brass at any of these big companies, but for those top brass officials to approve them speaks volumes about their attention to detail and creative influence.

Sheesh...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 pm 

I got the same e-mail.

I may be wrong .... but isn't that scope just a slightly modified Burris AR-332 scope?
When I saw the photo I noticed it seemed very similar except for the front part of the tube.
Anyway .... I deleted the e-mail. Sorry, Sig 149.95 + 29.95 = $179.90 by my math.
E-mail me again when you buy a $4.95 cent calculator .... for which I am sure you will pay $39.88 on sale ..... :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm 

So basically know one knows shit about the scope itself?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:13 pm 

I purposely avoided addressing that earlier. Since you so elegantly restated your question, I'll give you some advice.

Do yourself a favor and spend some time online researching what goes into a decent optic that will suit your intended needs. Start by deciding exactly what type of shooting you want to do with your weapon. Then try looking at what is offered from dealers that carry a wide range of optics like Sport Optics or Optics Planet. Narrow down your choices based on what you want it to do first, not cost. After you've narrowed your choices a bit, go to the manufacturer's sites and see if they have any more info. Once you have a list of optics that fit your needs, then you can think about which of these might fit into your price range. Ultimately, you might have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 that you think might work and are priced right. You will likely learn a lot in the process. If you still have specific questions at that point, then come here asking. You'll be a lot more likely to get some good feedback if you do what I outlined above and have specific needs/goals stated along with your possible choices instead of stating "no one here knows shit about the scope itself".

Last edited by gstaylorg on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:45 am 

+1 gstaylorg, thank you for saying what I typed out but didn't post!

:)

The only other thing I would add is that it's a brand new offering by Sig, even IF a few people rushed out and bought one, they have barely had time to put it through it's paces, much less review it.

Give it a little time, and in the meantime, do the research gst suggested, there is a wealth of information out there on optics and sights.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 am 

there are a ton of similar looking clones out there for less money. I doubt they're any different than the Sig offered model

Boberg XR9-L Platinum
Molot VEPR 12
Browning Buckmark Black Label
Tanfoglio Elite Witness Match

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:58 pm 

@gstaylorg

My apologies for assuming that my interest in the scope and not the magazine would be clear from the title of the thread. Thanks for the condescending tangent. A simple "the scope sucks - that's why they're throwing in the crappy magazine as extra incentive" would've sufficed, but I'm relieved you could find an opportunity to clambor aboard that soapbox!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:04 am 

As many have pointed out before on this forum, and contrary to popular belief, the sig mags are not useless... the make excellent targets! lol... :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:18 am 

TommyGunn wrote:
I got the same e-mail.

I may be wrong .... but isn't that scope just a slightly modified Burris AR-332 scope?
When I saw the photo I noticed it seemed very similar except for the front part of the tube.
Anyway .... I deleted the e-mail. Sorry, Sig 149.95 + 29.95 = $179.90 by my math.
E-mail me again when you buy a $4.95 cent calculator .... for which I am sure you will pay $39.88 on sale ..... :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

+1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:23 am 

It also looks like Barska, which is $70 piece of jit

http://www.shopbarska.com/Tactical_Scop ... Mount.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:06 am 

Thanks guys.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]