Which product would you like to see next?

Discussion in 'End-User Input' started by ManticoreArms, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Which new SIG 556 product would you like to see next?

1. Fixed iron sights using AR-15 front and rear sight parts

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Folding front iron sight

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. DDLES style stock adapter

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 4 position "suppressor capable" gas valve

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  5. Railed handguard

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. Iamscotticus

Iamscotticus Well-Known Member

Please define "proper"

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  2. Landonbrogan

Landonbrogan Member

I have the Samson front sight and i can co-witness with my aimpoint perfectly with the lower 1/3 mount.

3. Dyn

Dyn New Member

You need to have a cheek riser to use an AR height sight properly. I tried putting some on my sig testing height and it was just too high without the riser. So having a shorter flip up sight would be nice. I wish there was a railed gas block available since adding a rail to the dovetail doesnt seem to be able to work.

4. Iamscotticus

You need to have a cheek riser to use an AR height sight properly. I tried putting some on my sig testing height and it was just too high without the riser. So having a shorter flip up sight would be nice. I wish there was a railed gas block available since adding a rail to the dovetail doesnt seem to be able to work.[/quote]

Yes, right on all counts.
    I think the there is a plan for the gas block on future models and a straight line stock that snaps closed and doesn't interfere with the action would be a welcome improvement. There is nothing wrong with the 55X as is, for its intended purpose. But folks like to buy accessories and try diffrrent things on their guns so there is a lot of money in the rail market. Nomatter what improvment is made to the 55X, the dovetail gas block is not helping to sell the 55X in this market. Please pardon the toma.

5. Dyn

Dyn New Member

If there was a railed gas block I think they would sell like crazy you could use just about any ar sight if you wanted. But I think alot of people would go with troy micros (which is what I would really want) or the HK416 sights.

6. Landonbrogan

Landonbrogan Member

Well what about the Troy micro sights?

7. Dyn

Dyn New Member

Not much to say about them. I would love to have them on my rifle but no way to put them on the gas block. I have 551 handguards and love them. Would hate having to get a quadrail just to run troys. A gasblock that I could change out sights with whatever I wanted/needed at the time would be nicer.

8. Elemental

Elemental New Member

Give me a good tight fitting front handguard that dosent add the weight like a troy or sampson and i will buy both it and the gas valve.

Are you considering the handguard in poly or metal?

9. pighunter

pighunter Member

I saw that FB post this morning Sven. How much longer?

10. ManticoreArms

ManticoreArms Member Supporting Vendor

The rail system is on hold until we get some other stuff out the door and until SIG sorts out what the newest version of the SIG 556 is. We will release some more information when it gets closer to production.

That is the short way of saying "I don't want to pay for an extrusion die and thousands of feet of rail for the SIG 556, only to find out SIG changed something and made the die and extrusion useless"

The faster SIG can get it together, get the newest version of the rifle out, and settle on what exactly it is, the faster we can make sure the rail system is compatible with it and the existing version of the rifle. It may be that there are no changes that would affect the rail system, but until I know that for sure we are in a holding pattern.

Sven
    Manticore Arms

11. klyonsb

klyonsb Member

fal style hanguards :)

12. Sigtastic

Sigtastic Member

Sven,

Noob question, I purchased an Aurora diopter rear and front sight set by accident from a gent that was going thru a divorce. I LOVE these sights and had no idea of the rarity. As a fellow that believes that in the "the two is one and one is none" philosophy I'd like a spare. My question is, is the sight height ( both front and rear) the same as the Aurora/factory set? If so, I want to change my vote to iron sights.

P

13. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Active Member

I'm still waiting on the conversion kits for the 556XI into other calibers.

Reformer and 556Raven like this.
  14. Sixguns

Sixguns Member

I know you only want what is on the list but an Ambi-Mag Release would sell by the thousands.

15. ManticoreArms

ManticoreArms Member Supporting Vendor

Sorry guys, but we are getting out of the SIG 556 parts business.

All remaining parts on our website are 40%

16. Iamscotticus

Thanks for the products. I love the sling loop. I should get a few more.

17. HermCorps

HermCorps New Member

I apologize if this has already been addressed, I haven't read every post yet...but for the life of me, I don't understand why there aren't dovetail -to- picatinny adapters for the front sight block! There was a co. at one point that was making them and I finally found 1 for sale on eBay. The height of the rail adapter was perfectly with the factory rail on the receiver and and level. Once installed, I put on HK 416/417 diopter rear &front sight set. Works great! The only thing that sucks is that the adapter is aluminum. If you guys made one out of steel that matches up to factory optic rail on Sig 556, then you wouldn't have to worry about getting a railed handguard and making sure u ave proper sight height. Dovetail to picatinny adapter for Swiss gas block. Those would fly off the shelf IMO.

Sixguns likes this.
  18. Iamscotticus

19. Reformer

Reformer New Member

There seriously needs to be a ddles style adapter out there. Preferably as close to the actual ddles as possible . It was nice and low profile . Some of the folding adapters out there add way to much length to the buffer tube when open. This a huge problem to those of us who where body armor. Please consider . Thank you very much .

Sixguns likes this.