SLing mount/Bayo Lug

Discussion in 'Prototype Ideas in Development' started by ShootingSight, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

I've been tossing ideas around with Tim (not sure if he wants his name used, so we'll leave it at that) for a second stage for the 522, and I have a good idea of what I want to do.

But in the meantime he just sent me these pictures of a little project he worked on the side for his 556. He adapted a bayonet lug and made a buttstock post which allow him to attach a regular sling swivel. Nice work. No idea if he wants to make multiples and sell them. The bayo lug looks like more work, as he started with a normal lug, and then had to weld on an extension.

We also discussed a front mount that is just a sling mount, as well as a double ended mount that attaches a sling and a bipod. Lots of ideas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've tossed the question to him if he wants to make more, and how much he would charge, so I'll let him ponder that.

2. ManticoreArms

ManticoreArms Member Supporting Vendor

Dude, that is really slick!

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate a QD sling pocket on the front bayonet lug part, maybe thread the back end or pin one on? Guys keep asking me for a solution for a front QD pocket, and someone else is welcome to work on it!

Godfryness likes this.
  3. lilMAC25

lilMAC25 Member

I like

4. Godfryness

Godfryness Member

Looks great, I really like it!

5. PGT

PGT Member

I'd buy for sure

6. jb76

jb76 Member

As far as the rear qd goes... Magpul sells a QD lug that adds onto the ACS stock . Just find a shorter screw and washer. Done

Attached Files: