SIG CP1 Prismatic Scope

Discussion in 'Optics, Mounts, and Sights' started by oruacat2, Oct 9, 2010.

1. oruacat2

oruacat2 New Member

Got an offer via email from Sig - coupling the CP1 Prismatic Scope with a 30-round polymer magazine for $99. Is it worth it? The scope by itself is selling on the Sig Store website for $80.

KD
  2. PGT

PGT Member

check the price of a pmag and get back to us on that :p
  3. gstaylorg

gstaylorg New Member

For reasons I don't quite understand, Sig polymer mags are so narrow in their inside dimension (cartridge lengthwise) that the bullet tip of many of the heavier (longer) rounds actually touches/rubs against the inside of the mag. It causes MANY failure to feed issues and is the same on every one I have (more than 20). They are almost useless. Get yourself some P-Mags and don't look back.
  4. MeridianNW

MeridianNW New Member

Yeah, I was impressed (and not in a good way) with their marketing and editing skills. The items retail for $149.95 and $29.95 but after the 'bundle' they normally retail for $192.85 !

:roll:

Marketing in America is becoming an insult. I would sure hate to be selling these marketing ideas to the top brass at any of these big companies, but for those top brass officials to approve them speaks volumes about their attention to detail and creative influence.

Sheesh...
  5. TommyGunn

TommyGunn Member

I got the same e-mail.

I may be wrong .... but isn't that scope just a slightly modified Burris AR-332 scope?
    When I saw the photo I noticed it seemed very similar except for the front part of the tube.
    Anyway .... I deleted the e-mail. Sorry, Sig 149.95 + 29.95 = $179.90 by my math.
    E-mail me again when you buy a $4.95 cent calculator .... for which I am sure you will pay $39.88 on sale ..... :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
  6. oruacat2

oruacat2 New Member

So basically know one knows shit about the scope itself?
  7. gstaylorg

gstaylorg New Member

I purposely avoided addressing that earlier. Since you so elegantly restated your question, I'll give you some advice.

Do yourself a favor and spend some time online researching what goes into a decent optic that will suit your intended needs. Start by deciding exactly what type of shooting you want to do with your weapon. Then try looking at what is offered from dealers that carry a wide range of optics like Sport Optics or Optics Planet. Narrow down your choices based on what you want it to do first, not cost. After you've narrowed your choices a bit, go to the manufacturer's sites and see if they have any more info. Once you have a list of optics that fit your needs, then you can think about which of these might fit into your price range. Ultimately, you might have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 that you think might work and are priced right. You will likely learn a lot in the process. If you still have specific questions at that point, then come here asking. You'll be a lot more likely to get some good feedback if you do what I outlined above and have specific needs/goals stated along with your possible choices instead of stating "no one here knows shit about the scope itself".
  8. MeridianNW

MeridianNW New Member

+1 gstaylorg, thank you for saying what I typed out but didn't post!

:)

The only other thing I would add is that it's a brand new offering by Sig, even IF a few people rushed out and bought one, they have barely had time to put it through it's paces, much less review it.

Give it a little time, and in the meantime, do the research gst suggested, there is a wealth of information out there on optics and sights.
  9. PGT

PGT Member

there are a ton of similar looking clones out there for less money. I doubt they're any different than the Sig offered model
  10. oruacat2

oruacat2 New Member

@gstaylorg

My apologies for assuming that my interest in the scope and not the magazine would be clear from the title of the thread. Thanks for the condescending tangent. A simple "the scope sucks - that's why they're throwing in the crappy magazine as extra incentive" would've sufficed, but I'm relieved you could find an opportunity to clambor aboard that soapbox!
  11. MeridianNW

MeridianNW New Member

As many have pointed out before on this forum, and contrary to popular belief, the sig mags are not useless... the make excellent targets! lol... :p
  12. goo

goo New Member

+1
  13. goo

goo New Member

14. oruacat2

oruacat2 New Member

Thanks guys.