Sig already recalling some 516's

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by lance, Aug 22, 2010.

1. lance

lance New Member

I have heard Sig has recalled some 516's to replace parts. Does anyone have more info on that???
  2. SkyPup

SkyPup Active Member

Appears to be something with the BCG requiring the entire firearm be returned apparently from the gun firing full auto????

Some people are offering over $10,000 for any SIG 516 exhibiting this flaw which has NOT been returned to the factory for refitting..... :shock:
  3. ptco911

ptco911 New Member

Gotta hate it when that happens. 8)
  4. pilotdane

pilotdane New Member

When I was 14 or 15 I recall when my 12ga went full auto. Bird flew up. I took a quick shot with my feet close together. Boom, boom, boom, boom and I'm stumbling backwards wandering what happened.
  5. hrgrisso

hrgrisso New Member

heh. I bet these become "collectors" models. :shock:
  6. DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS Member

Mine never went full auto and the BCG looks just fine. Besides, that's not why I bought a SIG 556 anyway, since I already own three machineguns. The SIG 556 is my Sunday plinking toy.
  7. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

I've read some of the posts, and there is only 1 guy who speaks of 'full auto', so I wonder if that is rumor. The trigger is a standard trigger design, so unless it is defective, the discon will catch the hammer, and I can't imagine anything the BCG could do to make it go auto. (I have been wrong before, but I still think it's unlikely).

One thread spoke of the BCG possibly losing parts, and of SIG's desire to bush it. In my mind, this suggests something benign like the exit hole for the split pin is too large, allowing the pin to walk out, and the firing pin to therefore remove itself during use. They want to re-bush it and re-drill the hole, rather than scrapping the whole BCG. That's just what I imagine, no SIG official word here, but it's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Art
  8. tacman605

tacman605 New Member

Darivs,

I think they are talking about the new 516's from SIG not the 556.