SIG 556 lower disassemble/ reassemble

Discussion in 'Technical Discussions & Troubleshooting' started by user426, Mar 21, 2010.

1. user426

user426 New Member

Is there a photo tutorial on the Sig 556 lower FCG disassemble and reassemble....the armourer's manual is not real user friendly..... I'm about to Duracoat mine and I need to take it apart
  2. jalso

jalso New Member

I don't have photos, but the process is pretty easy. A detailed description is on page 109 of the armorers manual, but as you said is a bit hard to follow. Here's a simplification:

1. Punch out the roll pin on the safety lever on the right side of the receiver.
    2. Remove the safety shaft out the left side of the receiver
    3. Remove the locking spring (AKA safety spring).
    4. Pinch the trigger assembly together with your left hand, front to back, to relieve the tension and make it easier to remove.
    5. Drift the trigger pivot pin out the left side of the receiver.
    6. Lift the trigger assembly out, and reinsert the trigger pivot pin back into it while still pinching it together.
    7. Grasp the hammer and main spring with the left hand and apply pressure forward and downward to relieve the tension on the hammer pivot pin.
    8. Drift the hammer pivot pin out the left side of the receiver.
    9. Slowly release the tension on the main spring and remove the hammer and main spring out of the receiver.

That's pretty much it. Take some digital pictures of how everything fits together properly at each step to assist during reassembly.

Hope this helps...
  3. user426

user426 New Member

Thanks...I appreciate it...
  4. user426

user426 New Member

Actually real easy to do.......thanks
  5. texson66

texson66 New Member

6. jalso

jalso New Member

That video only shows a basic field strip. He wanted info on disassembling the entire lower and removing the fire control group.