SIG 556 Classic and SIG 522 stock adapter SHIPPING NOW

Discussion in 'New Products' started by DDLES, Apr 20, 2010.

1. DDLES

DDLES New Member Supporting Vendor

Hello guys its Jon from DDLES again. We finally went into production of our SIG 556 Stock Adapter that allows an AR-15 stock to be mounted on a SIG 556 Classic. Based on SIG saying the 522 grip and stock are the same as on the 556 the stock adapter should also fit on the SIG 522.

The adapter allows mounting of AR-15 stocks like the UBR but will still fold to the side like the Classic stock. The SIG Stock Adapter can also be fixed in place and not allowed to fold with the insertion of a pin. This way the rifle can comply with some states laws banning collapsible and folding stocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.shop.doublediamonds...sic-DDSIGADTM401.htm

****************************************************************************************

We are now shipping the SIG stock adapters.

[​IMG]
  2. dtd80

dtd80 New Member

Sweet! I will be ordering soon. One question though. Since the sights I have are taller, my cheek weld turned into a jaw weld. Does your stock adapter raise the buffer tube or is it in line with the factory sig stock height? Just wondering so I have to either find a stock that has an adjustable cheek or i can use the Magpul ACS like I wanted in the first place. Thanks!
  3. lucky

lucky Member

At first I was -.- cause I thought you just deleted the swiss folding mechanism to throw on a m4 stock but now that I see it keeps that and allows more stock options...

dude thats awesome! someone throw a magpul ubr on here and see how that goes! :shock:
  4. DDLES

The DDLES SIG Stock Adapter raises the top of the stock by about 0.4 inch for a regular AR-15 collapsible stock. Some stocks like the UBR would be higher still.
  5. dtd80

dtd80 New Member

Sweet! I just ordered last night and got a shipping today! Can't wait to put it on. Will order my buffer tube and acs tonight! Thanks!
  6. Vandriver

Vandriver New Member

Are you still making these? I have been trying to call, but your voicemail is full, no matter what time of day that I call.

How about an update to the thread.
  7. Zeus

Zeus Active Member

Excellent. If I find a deal on a classic I might get it now :)
  8. Vandriver

Vandriver New Member

I spoke with the owner this afternoon and he is working on another batch, for the end of the month.
  9. M@D-M@X

M@D-M@X Member

Wow.. very cool I like it but can you clarify if the shell extraction is hampered by the tube when folded. By looking at the pics it looks like it is getting in the way.

Thx.
    Max
  10. DDLES

The rifle with the stock folded still ejects the spent cartridges just fine.

[​IMG]
  11. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You New Member

I have the M4 style 556 and your set up is the only way I could see owning a Classic.
  12. js0000556

js0000556 New Member

Is the stock free to swing when folded? Or does it clip on to a stud like the classic or spring loaded like FAL Para?
  13. M@D-M@X

M@D-M@X Member

Cool! One last question.
    Can a ASAP be installed on these?
  14. Schnibbs

Schnibbs Member

Did you already ship any adapters to Europe?
    I ordered one at a Swiss gun shop and I'm already waiting like 4 months :(
  15. DDLES

We are working with the US State Department to get a shipment to Gun Factory.
  16. Schnibbs

Schnibbs Member

Thanks Jon, that are great news! Do you have any time schedule? I can't wait to mount it :eek:
  17. Draxanoth

Draxanoth New Member

Works well with a UBR, even clears the charging handle. I wouldn't fire it while folded though without testing first with some padding, it looks like brass might bounce off the UBR. Life or death, go for it, otherwise I wouldn't scar it up for no good reason.

My only complaint would be that the fit isn't rock solid at the moment. Apparently in some cases the release button from the Sig stock has too much space in it to create a snug lock for the adapter. There was a note in the box from DDLES saying that they will be sending replacement buttons to address the issue, but at the current moment the latch of the adapter has some play in it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. PhotoShip One

PhotoShip One New Member

perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but I assume this piece works with a Commercial Spec buffer tube?
  19. Draxanoth

Draxanoth New Member

I couldn't say. The tube included with the UBR doesn't say whether it's commercial or mil-spec, nor is there a choice between the two on the Magpul site.
  20. aaaheee55

aaaheee55 New Member

How do you take off the stock on a 556 classic swat. I really want to go with the Magpul "UBR™ COLLAPSIBLE STOCK". Will that work with the sig, sights lining up and all. One more thing will the "MIAD™ GRIP KIT – AR15/M16" by Magpul fit out rifles, it's not made specifically for the 556? I'm hoping to use Dark Earth on all the parts I change out, stock, grip, angled forward grip, Duracoat the picatinny rails on the swat and of course the Pmags.

And please post pictures, I like pictures, easier for my brain to understand and soothes the soul.
    Thanks again everyone.