New M6AK upper arrived!

Discussion in 'Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, and Shotguns' started by lenardlex, Aug 9, 2010.

1. lenardlex

lenardlex Member

"East meets west" to quote LWRC.
    The wife actually almost seemed to believe how necessary this purchase was given the low price of 5.54 ammo.

[​IMG]
    On my LWRC 6.8 lower.
    [​IMG]
  2. ullie

ullie Moderator Staff Member

... :p

...interesting setup...let us know what level of accuracy you get out of her...i'm guessing it should be pretty good...
  3. lenardlex

lenardlex Member

Will do, taking it out next weekend with some Russian surplus ammo.
  4. lenardlex

lenardlex Member

Took her out today for the first time with 60gr 5.45 silver bear using irons on a tactical 25 yard course at my local range.

The performance of the 5.45 C-product AR mags was so poor with frequent ftf's and trouble loading that had I known I would having reconsidered buying the 5.45 AR platform until consistently reliable mags become available.

I should state I have been satisfied with other C-product mags in the past.
  5. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Were you supposed to use 6.8 AR mags for that?

Anyway, let us know how it runs after a few full mags - my WASR2 in 5.45 gets so freaking hot after 2 mags that the oils are sizzling and smoking out of all the nooks and crannies. I may have to swap out the fake Russian plum poly from KVar for some Romy donkey-schlong wood to keep from getting burned.
  6. Nittany Lion

Nittany Lion New Member

I'm confused! why didn't you just buy 3 or 4 used/new AKs instead of that. It seems way to pricey!
  7. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Can't argue with that...
  8. lenardlex

lenardlex Member

I wanted an AR platform that fires inexpensive centerfire ammo for coursework. Sorry if that confuses you.
  9. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Understand completely, thought about the same thing for a moment.

But in the extreme event that no USA mfg takes up the 5.45x39 caliber AND someone decides cheap foreign mil-surp has to end, I'm now only out a couple hundred on the AKM.

Anyway, in my investigations I thought I read that you had to use the 6.something AR mags, from C-Products Machine or whoever they are.
  10. Muad-dib

Muad-dib New Member

S&W makes a 5.45x39mm AR. If I'm not mistaken I've seen just the upper for sale on the web but for some reason I can't find it on S&W's website. You can buy their 5.45 mags from their webstore. I don't know who makes those but they might work better than the C Mags if they are made in-house by S&W or by another magazine manufacturer.