Looking for info on the STL 100 grip light

Discussion in 'Slings, Lights, & Other Accessories' started by greendevil41, Mar 29, 2017.

1. greendevil41

greendevil41 New Member

I've got a used Sig 556 SWAT on layaway in a local shop and it comes with a EoTech RDS and Sig grip light. There appears to be a piece / part missing on the STL 100 grip assy where it mounts on the rail at the forward end. There is a slight dished out area on both sides with a square shaped hole thru the light mount and in some images I've viewed online it appears to be a button or switch on the left side in this location. Does anyone know
    what the missing hardware does or looks like?

I'll try and update this post tomorrow with pics to clarify what I'm asking about.
    Thanks, Mike

2. greendevil41

greendevil41 New Member

Sorry for the delay in posting pics. What fits in the r/s square/ l/s oval shaped hole?

Attached Files:

3. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Active Member

4. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Active Member

5. Iamscotticus2

Iamscotticus2 New Member

is this the same?
    Tactical Foregrip with 1
    besides some aesthetic differences, it appears to be the same thing
    You're welcome!

I may be mistaken, but I am thinking the the top square hole appears to be a pass through recoil lug key. I think the rear one rotates, and there are two rotating locking pins on the Mako version, but the Sig model appears to have had a square, and better one.
    Any piece of aluminum bar stock cut to fit from a hobby shop should work.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  6. greendevil41

greendevil41 New Member

I just got this thing home yesterday and it appears the missing piece my be some sort of spring loaded detent. The rear one is a simple screw and nut rail retention device. Interestingly enough I just bought another complete Sig grip assy with light for $14.99 + shipping. Now I will know exactly what it is! Problem solved!