Hog / Deer hunting in Georgia

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by hylander, Oct 6, 2010.

1. hylander

hylander New Member

Anyone know / recommend some good places to go hog / deer hunting in Georgia?

Thanks, Jeff
  2. SkyPup

SkyPup Active Member

I just got my new hunting license and am planning on doing some hunting. Hope you got a place picked out and have done some scouting, the season opening is just around the corner :!: :wink:
  3. hylander

hylander New Member

Not yet. Been working to much lately. Have not had time to do much of anything. One nice thing though is I work from home, so no stress. :)
  4. 73JER

73JER New Member

The Columbus (South) / Ft. Benning, GA have a good number of hogs... There are usually clubs in that area looking for members.
  5. ralph4769

ralph4769 New Member

As of the moment I cannot go for shooting, since new in carrying, SIG Sauer SIG556 Classic, this type of weapon and on the process of submitting the application for a license to carry firearms. In due time I will go out hunting for hogs or deer perhaps.

jb76 Member

I too live in GA.I will be shouldering my patrol this fall for deer and hog.I will be heading to pine log WMA.Not as many hog there as there is nearMacon and south but I have scouted good sign in many spots.And hogs have been taken there in decent numbers. I do not know where in GA you live but look around on the hunting message boards.they might have some clues
  7. shotdown61

shotdown61 Active Member

I live in the Conyers area and wish I could hunt around here.The place is so over populated
    with deer its not funny anymore.
    I live in a residential area but less than a 1/4 mile it is all country.
    Deer run all over around here cause there is no one hunting them.
    If I had some one here that would let me hunt on there land I could really fill up a freezer!
    Never hog hunted but would love to do so but with someone that knows what they are doing as far as handling after the shoot.
  8. jb76

jb76 Member

my buddies and i got a pig at Pine log.they say to use gloves when you clean.....we did not.just clean your hands afterward,Pigs carry Brucellaris(i think that is the spelling),but not all of them.hog hunting is fun.what was more fun was watching my one buddy who decided to leave his heavy ass stainless Ar10 in the truck try to take a pig with a 380 :lol: