double shots

Discussion in 'Shooting Sight' started by gonnasellstuff, Aug 2, 2015.

1. gonnasellstuff

gonnasellstuff Member

It only happened once the last time i went out shooting. Prior to this i have shot 2000 rounds without 1 issue.

2. gonnasellstuff

gonnasellstuff Member

**Update** Took trigger apart and made sure both springs were in and centered into groove, and made sure no burrs and that it was rotating freely. I put it back together and took out to test today. Shot around 100 rounds and then had a double shot. So now i have had around 2200 rounds through my xi and no failures and 2 double shots. Today I was shooting federal fusion msr when it happened. Should i be concerned? Any ideas? Thanks for your thoughts on this

3. oldag

oldag Member

This is a concern. Something is not right. I would return the trigger as the supplier has suggested.

4. Iamscotticus

Iamscotticus Well-Known Member

I agree. If a trigger will allow a double, it might allow three, five or empty the mag. Having said that, I have had one double with my stock trigger, but I'm not going to do anything until I see more. I would put the stock trigger in and see if you get any.
    Just out of curiosity would a round fire if the hammer didnt catch the sear and rode the bolt into battery?

556Raven likes this.
  5. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

What iamscotticus said. It ain't supposed to do that.. Ever. There is no adjustment, there is no technique, there is no ammo, that should cause a double, unless you were chewing DoubleMint gum. I think we have checked all the obvious things, so my conclusion is that it is a defective trigger, or at least defective in your rifle.

Get in touch and email me your contact info. Let's start by me sending you a new one.

6. gonnasellstuff

gonnasellstuff Member

Pm sent. Thanks for your help. I love your triggers! They are awesome!

7. Iamscotticus

Iamscotticus Well-Known Member

yep. 12 lbs gives me finger cramps.
    Im going to drop in the kits.
    ill try to boob tube the carnage for you.

8. 556Raven

556Raven Member

Happened on my 556xi with stock trigger and springs (I'm awaiting Art's shortened pull trigger group release; keep us posted, Sir). Both during the matches (my luck!).
    First at over 860 rounds through (standing, freehand NRA qual).
    Second one after 1,200 rounds through, in prone position with bipod.
    Both times riding the reset; slow rate of fire. Quality ammo (Federal .223; one FMJ 55 grain, another FMJ BT 50 grain).
    Thanks for the info on topic. Hope Art's trigger group release comes ahead of next "double"...

9. gonnasellstuff

gonnasellstuff Member

Arts trigger upgrade fixed the issue for me. Love it. I have it in all 3 of my xi's. 100% awesome. Enjoy it. :) can't wait to get his new shortened length pull trigger

556Raven likes this.
  10. 556Raven

556Raven Member

Just want to give a shout to Art for his kind and relentless support of this near-orphan Community.
    Thank you for going out of your way to help out!
    (Something SIGarms could learn from).

And you won't find this on Art's sear (pictured is SIG factory 556xi sear prior to de-burring and polishing: WTF, SIGarms; seriously?):
    WP_20170416_16_17_01_Pro.jpg

gonnasellstuff likes this.