BEST folding stock for Sig 556 SBR NFA? Magpul?? Please help

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by alfred10, Mar 29, 2010.

1. alfred10

alfred10 New Member

What is the best FOLDING stock for the Sig 556 SBR? I am getting one and want to put the best combat folding stock on it. I am thinking Magpul. Not sure which one or if Magpul is best. Who makes the best stocks for ar's?
  2. 556OPER8R

556OPER8R New Member

Well Magpul does make the best stocks for AR's (i am an AR guy), so i imagine since the stock itself doesn't change, just the weapon, Magpul would be one of the best choices for the 556 unless you prefer the SIG side folder....im a noob with the 556 but i heard the ACE side folder with Magpul CTR is a nice setup (folds to left or right depending on how its set up on your weapon---so you can fire it if need be with the stock folded to the left)...i am in your boat too and don't know what stock to go with yet...i may wait til DDLES releases their adapter for the stocks and get a magpul acs....i WANT a folder, but i dont think i NEED it....
  3. flascot007

flascot007 New Member

Use the ace AR folding mech with a flush plug mount and a UBR magpul stock. Very nice set up, but not cheap! Mine is great and even adapted it to my Arsenal AK.
  4. cmrtwister6115

cmrtwister6115 New Member

I have the Ace folder on mine and like it a lot.
  5. jalso

jalso New Member

I have the Ace folder as well, only with the SOCOM stock. I modified it by grinding the sling attachment point off the top of the stock, so that it doesn't obscure the ejection port, allowing it to be fired while folded.
  6. alfred10

alfred10 New Member

7. 556OPER8R

556OPER8R New Member

8. doghaus

doghaus New Member

I like the ACE folding stock

I very much prefer the ACE folding stock. It is less bulky than all the other stocks, and the folding mechanism is absolutely rigid - both when open and folded.
  9. seant

seant New Member

Not the cheapest route, but I took a clasic lower off another rifle and got an original style swiss 551 folding stock.
  10. ullie

ullie Moderator Staff Member

...IMO that is the only way to go with a SBR...although ithe Sig Classic stock would have satisfied me...i suppose the Swiss stock will do... :p
  11. Accomplice

Accomplice New Member

AGP Arms also has a folder for the 556 which is the lightest folding stock unit you can get for a 556. On top of that is is absolutely rock solid when extended. It was the first stock I'd tried on any 556 that felt like a solid A2 type of stock. The whole gun feels like one piece of material now.