A rumor i found on AR-15 SIG556XI

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by pat284, Dec 13, 2011.

1. pat284

pat284 New Member

There coming out with a new model with a quick change barrel and you can change the charging handle to the other side. Also it has full picitinny rails. Looks pretty nice and might give the acr a run for it's money! It's called the 556xi. That's the one im interested in if they make caliber conversions for it.

http://www.trademarks411.com/marks/85444453-sig556xi
  2. RAINS

RAINS New Member

Yeah there is a picture of it and a few details in Special Weapons For Military & Police magazine. Would love to make one into a 300 aac. I am going to wait and see though.
  3. ManticoreArms

ManticoreArms Member Supporting Vendor

In what issue, the current one?
  4. RAINS

RAINS New Member

Yeah i think it's the current issue. It's the one with the suppressed Barret 8' barrel PDW AR on the cover. Not really worth buying the mag just to see a few sentences and one small pic. Form the small crappy pic I can tell a couple of things.

1. barrel has a heaver profile.
    2. slights look to be MI flip ups front and rear.
    3. Lower has unprotected paddle mag button.
    4. Quad rail looks like a bad rip off of a Samson unit. Can't really tell if it's monolithic or not.
    5. The hand-guard retainer/gas block looks different and like it's made from unfinished stainless.

I bet the rifle is a prototype. No telling what we will actually get.
  5. sgt. mac

sgt. mac New Member

The new rifle you speak of will be debuted at SHOT. This was confirmed to me by a SIG rep today at the Ellet Bros show in Columbia, SC.
  6. ArmsRace

ArmsRace New Member

My Nov 2011 swat rifle has a one piece rail front to rear.
  7. alteon180e

alteon180e New Member

8. jviser

jviser New Member

Sig's rifle quality isn't consistent enough for me to buy any rifle from them right now. They've been coming out with many new models, which is nice, but they've done it before even fixing their processes for the now "old" 556 model. I have no problem with the Sig handguns I own, but I wouldn't want to be the first to own a SIG556XI that has more complexity to it than the standard 556 and is subject to wide variations in quality.
  9. alteon180e

alteon180e New Member

owning sig rifles for over 20 years, as well as rebuilding them. ill take the chance, thanks to all the bashing, the prices are great. ill stick to crappy sig rifles for the next 20.
  10. phaserbrain

phaserbrain New Member

i have to agree with jviser! what they sig nh,need to do is go back and have a third party i.e. someone like (cdnn) who they burned..do their final production & q.c.! because in my opinon except from the orginal 551-a1s they did the q.c for, or real sig german, or swiss s.a.n sig, manufacture..any thing ive seen from nh, has in some way some kind of q.c.issue.. and until they get it right and fix their problems this new sig 556xi will probility be a big let down..im not holding my breath on this one.. 8) even with 556x prices at a lower msrp, bad quailty in, bad quality out..
  11. RAINS

RAINS New Member

Oh man I hope some buddy posts a youtube video of the new Xi from shot! Crossing my fingers!
  12. jviser

jviser New Member

THe purpose of my post was not to bash Sig Sauer. I own many Sig handguns and bought a Sig556 years ago. Based on my experience, the quality of my Sig556 rifle did not meet my expectations. Perhaps things have changed. It is my sincere hope that Sig really scrubs their manufacturing an quality processes because I want another Sig556!
  13. ArmsRace

ArmsRace New Member

No pictures, no stats, this sucks.
  14. m03

m03 New Member

Something tells me that we'll know more sometime between the 17th and 20th of this month :)
  15. lenardlex

lenardlex Member

16. SkyPup

SkyPup Active Member

Nice :!:
  17. pighunter

pighunter Member

:eek: :shock: And I was going to stop spending so much money on guns
  18. mylastrook

mylastrook New Member

Sig
    I wouldn't really characterize this as a Quick Change Barrel. Though I'll still probably be first in line to buy one. Thank god they didn't cater to the "it must use the rock in mag to look cool" crowd.

If it didn't use the AR-15 mag it'd be useless for anything other than wall hanger. So people could eww and aww over how much was spent on "Authentic Swiss" parts.
  19. pighunter

pighunter Member

I will agree its not really a quick change barrel, but who actually uses quick change barrels?
  20. mylastrook

mylastrook New Member

Generally. when companies come out with quick change anythings...They usually fail to follow up and actually sell the parts or groups that supposedly quick change.

Kind of like when FN came out with all the hype about their FNP Pistols having an easily changed trigger group. Will FN actually sell you another trigger group to switch..."Well No." But that's not important! look at that Quick Change Trigger Group!